To My Husband
























We've come a long way, you and I.
Three years ago you were returning home from a mission and I was trying not to define myself by which boy I liked that day. You parted your hair on the side and dreamed of being an entrepreneur / motivational speaker / author; I sported a side ponytail and wondered if I would really teach German someday.

We met.
And the whirlwind swept us up, up, and away.
We became we.

Since then we have become one unit; we have morphed and changed and grown together.
Our jeans are more fitted now. I wear red lipstick and you wear bright-blue tennis shoes.
We have matching sunglasses, matching camping chairs, and matching Mickey Mouse mugs.
We've made three trips to Disneyland, watched the good seasons of The Office three times through, and lived in three different apartments.

Together we've created obsessions with devouring sushi, hanging picture frames, watching international movies, perusing Barnes & Noble, and wrapping things in twine.

Together we created a child!
And you're an even better dad than I could have hoped for.

You have taught me to trust my sense of humor.
You've supported my ever-changing obsessions (from "Let's be vegan!" to "Carnivores forever!")
and my ever-changing birth-control-induced moods (from "!" to "I don't even know why I'm crying...").

You have found your niche in the world, turning daydreams into realities and using your ever-moving mind to create inspiration.
(This site is my favorite project by far!)

I trust you.
I believe in you.
I love you.

I have never sent you to the couch for the night and you have never refused my cooking.
And I can assuredly say that every day since we met,
you have kept me laughing.

Happy birthday, my sweet Chad.