Green Nose, Green Sink

Behold! An extra-large picture of my kitchen sink as it was this morning...and this afternoon.



Today was a normal day for me. I did a lot of shuffling around the house in my oh-so-trendy colored jeans (forest green with brass zippers at the ankles...oh my!).



My baby girl has been under the weather, thanks to me. I was sick, now she is sick. It seems that I will not only force her to be my kitchen spectator, but also to inherit my yucky green germs.

Her nose goes from crusty blocked airway to snotty faucet and back again. And every now and then, a few sad little coughs will emerge from her throat.

But through it all, she continues to be fascinated by the crinkly sound of the wipes bag and her chubby little face keeps smiling.



Thanks to those cheerful baby grins, I had the drive to scrub down my kitchen.





And now she and I will both sleep peacefully tonight: She, because of grape-flavored Tylenol, and I, because  of waterfall-scented dish soap.

Simple life, happy life.