Delicious Autumn







































"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I 
would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." 
--George Eliot

The first weekend of fall unfolded just as it should have, slow like the breeze and cozy like the armchair.

A book about handwritten gratitude was quickly gobbled up, its pages now heavily underlined and starred. I will now forever aim for brevity in my thank-you notes. And what a revelation to put off using a gift until you've written, stamped, and mailed a note of thanks!

Little baby taste buds tried pureed pumpkin for the first time. Staring wide-eyed at the spoon all the while, Addie grabbed my hands so she could get that orange goo into her mouth as quickly as possible.

New journals were purchased and begun, along with a brown leather address book.

Cookies with chocolate and walnuts were baked and devoured with cold milk.

Neverland was discovered and explored, encouraging Chad to get lost in the original Peter Pan pages. (Have you read the book? We read the first few chapters aloud and were quickly enchanted.)

What did you do to celebrate the first weekend of fall?