A Polite Nod to Summer



This coming Saturday marks two very important occasions in my life:
Addie will be six months old (say what?)
and autumn officially begins.

I absolutely cannot wait to share my favorite season with my favorite little person.
My mind is boggled by the idea that Addie has never witnessed cold weather before.
She's a t-shirt and stretch pants girl through and through.
But not for long.
Thanks to a handful of aunts and friends with nimble fingers, Addie has an entire shelf devoted to chunky sweaters eager to wrap themselves around her little self.

But before the air turns crisp--as I'm so longing for it to do--summer must be recognized.
Stay tuned this week for a recap of my summer favorites
including no-cook dinner recipes, notable cookbooks, and snack ideas that got me through the heat.
Because the so-sweaty-your-shirt-sticks-to-your-body days will surely return in another year
and I might as well be ahead of the game when it does.