#259: A Single Rose Florist


We here at 365 South Bend are big fans of the East Bank Village. Across the river from downtown, this area boasts some of our favorite shops and restaurants. Junk Evolution. Just Goods. Barnaby’s. Marigold's. The East Bank Emporium.  The list could go on and on. These places are staples of the South Bend community and evidence of the lively, energizing, enterprising spirit that currently pervades South Bend business. 

But as I was biking through the area on yesterday’s sunny afternoon, I managed to stop at a store that I had not previously visited. On the stretch of Niles between Colfax and Jefferson, the sign from “A Single Rose Florist” caught my eye. I’m recently engaged and so the advertisement for “Exquisite Weddings” convinced me to stop in. The small house in which the florist shop resides was surrounded by blooming flowers; a good indication of things to come. Inside, the owner was friendly and the shop was filled with a variety of wildflowers, roses, hydrangeas, and snapdragons. I only had time to quickly browse, but as I investigated the website later, I realized that this local florist is quite well known around the area for her lovely floral designs.

So whether you just want fresh-cut flowers on your dining room table or you’re leisurely planning your wedding or special event, A Single Rose Florist seems to be the local choice for you.

For more information visit the website here.