Summer Salmon Cakes



I'm just checking in real quick to fill you in on the stupendous dinner we had last night.
Seriously, it was so good.
I got the recipe from my grandma Janny a few summers ago, but I had never tried it out until last night.
Can you say perfect summer meal?
Quintessential. The epitome of summer tastes.

Open a couple cans (yes, cans) of salmon, squirt in a little lemon juice, toss in some diced veggies, bread crumbs, and an egg, then stir it all together for baby and me!

We ate our salmon cakes plain with sides of red potato oven fries and grapes, but you could easily make these patties into burgers with a whole-wheat bun, lettuce, and tomato.

Happy summer.
Yes, happy indeed.

Summer Salmon Cakes

Two 5-ounce cans salmon, drained
Juice of half a lemon
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
1/4 cup green onion, sliced
1/4 cup bell pepper, diced (I used yellow and red)
1 egg, lightly beaten

Form into four or five patties and fry in a nonstick skillet.

Serve on a whole-wheat bun with lettuce and tomato, or just by themselves.