In My Mailbox (39)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, in which book bloggers post about the books they've bought, borrowed or received in the past week.


Happy Victoria Day long weekend if you live in Canada! I'm really excited about these books: Grimms' Fairy Tales and Hans Andersen's Fairy Tales. I love the covers and they were $5 each, which is pretty good for new books. I have an old copy of Grimms' Fairy Tales already but it's not the complete works, just a small selection.


From the library, I took out Inkspell by Cornelia Funke. I read Inkheart a year ago and finally decided to check out the sequel. My hold on Thumped, the sequel to Bumped, by Megan McCafferty came in. I liked Bumped well enough, but I'm not sure if I'll get to its sequel quite yet. If I run out of time before it's due I'll just read it later, if at all. In Zanesville by Jo Ann Beard was recommended to me on my other blog and it looks really good. I took out The Gates by John Connolly, who also wrote The Book of Lost Things (which I loved.) I also bought books from my library: Middlemarch by George Eliot and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. I read the latter a year ago and loved it. 

What new books did you receive this week?