In My Mailbox (34)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, in which book bloggers post about the books they've bought, borrowed or received in the past week.


From the library, I took out four books: Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, Snow by Tracy Lynn, Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale and Zel by Donna Jo Napoli. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour is the only book I took out that's not a fairy tale retelling. It's a road trip book and it looks really good, although I don't like the word epic. I have a funny feeling that I started to read Snow before, maybe 8 or 9 years ago. I definitely remember a book where the princess was named Jessica. I may not have finished just because something came up, not because I didn't like it. Also, my friends and I used to go to the library ever few weeks and come very close to our our library's limit: 30 books! You can bet a lot of these books went unread. Book of a Thousand Days looks really good, although I know little about it. Zel is a tiny book, and I read and enjoyed another book by the author, Daughter of Venice. 


This week The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict was released and I bought, read and reviewed it earlier in the week. It's a prequel to The Mysterious Benedict Society books, following the society's founder as a child. Great book that's smart and fun. 

What was in your mailbox this week?