In My Mailbox (30)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, in which book bloggers post about the books they've bought, borrowed or received in the past week.


I just got back from my march break trip to South Carolina and I brought back books! From a Barnes & Noble near Charleston I bought The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen which I read on my trip. It was good enough for me to risk reading it in the car (I get a little bit car sick.) Incendiary by Chris Cleave is by the writer of Little Bee, which was quite good. I found it for $5, and although I don't know what it's about I'm hoping I'll like it. As an aside, do they not have French paperbacks in the US? My copy of Little Bee is French style, which means it has flaps and sort of jaded sides. Incendiary is just a regular paperback. Anna and the French Kiss was in the French style and a few of my followers asked me if someone was wrong with their copies and it wasn't till later I realized they might be referring to the French style. Anyways, the last book I bought was The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth. I am extremely excited about this book, which I'd never heard of before I saw it in Barnes & Noble. 


I also bought this travel book from Barnes & Noble. They had fancier ones but I think this one is very cute. I have no idea when I'll be in the US again so I took advantage of the opportunity to go to bookstores we don't have at home. I also went to a Books A Million, which was allright. The one we went to had a lot of bibles and bible covers. More than I've ever seen, and I went to Catholic school. 


I went to two very cute bookstores in Savannah (The Book Lady and E. Shaver's) but didn't buy anything. I did buy some things from Charleston's Blue Bicycle Bookshop: a t-shirt and What The Dormouse Said: Lessons for Grown Ups from Children's Books. Soon I'll post pictures from all the different bookshops I went to.

So that's it for me, what was in your mailbox this past week?