In My Mailbox (28)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, in which book bloggers post about the books they've bought, borrowed or received in the past week.


This week I bought French Women For All Seasons: A Year of Secrets, Recipes and Pleasure by Mireille Guiliano. I have to admit I'm more interested in the recipes than anything else. I found this for .50 cents, and it's by the author of French Women Don't Get Fat. I'm assuming it's not a sequel, but I'm not sure.


Earlier in the week I took out The Death Cure by James Dashner and Where She Went by Gayle Forman. The Death Cure is the third book in the series, following The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials. I read Where She Went earlier in the week, and it didn't quite live up to If I Stay


More books from the library! I was killing time and picked up Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett to glance through. I ended up liking it enough to take it out, and I'm reading it right now. It kind of reminds me of The Westing Game. Saving June by Hannah Harrington was recommended to me by theyretakingthehobbitsto yesterday. I also took out Looking at the Moon by Kit Pearson, the sequel to The Sky is Falling. This will be a reread for me. I just realized that I have way too many books to read before I go on vacation on March 8th to South Carolina. While some of the books I took out last week will probably not get read, I really hope to read all of the ones I took out this week. 

What was in your mailbox this week?