In My Mailbox (22)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, in which book bloggers post about the books they've bought, borrowed or received in the past week.


This week I went to SEVEN bookstores and bought SEVEN books. I actually devoted an entire day in my trip to NYC to going to bookstores and to the John Green event. I went to the Strand, where I bought The Book of Lies by Mary Horlock, The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides and Not Much Fun by Dorothy Parker. The Strand was amazing, and I also bought a The Great Gatsby t-shirt, a pin and a free tote bag. I'm kind of disappointed with all the pictures I took at bookshops though. After that, I went to Shakespeare & Company, Forbidden Planet, NYU Book Store, the 18th Street Barnes & Noble (which claims to be the biggest book store in the world,) Books of Wonder and 192 Books. From Books of Wonder I bought a signed copy of The Mysterious Benedict Society: Mr Benedict's Book of Perplexing Puzzles, Elusive Enigmas, and Curious Conundrums. Then that night I went to John Green's Book signing, where I finally got my signed copy of The Fault in Our Stars. I also bought Paper Towns, since I really like that edition and can't seem to find it anywhere at home. I also bought 13 Little Blue Envelopes there and got it signed by Maureen Johnson. I've already read it, but I'm happy I now have my own copy. After the show we waited around if we wanted our copies personalized (which pretty much everyone did.) When my row was eventually called I got to quickly meet John and Hank and get my books personalized. You can see my copy of The Fault in Our Stars here. After all that, it will be a long time before I buy any more books. 

What was in your mailbox this week?