Happy Birthday J.K. Rowling!


July 31st is a very big day in the Potter universe, since it's the birthday of Harry and J.K. Rowling, and we get to find out how to get a sneak peak of Pottermore.

Let me just say that I love this woman. She's completely brilliant. I saw an interview once in which she said that she was lucky to have had the idea for the Harry Potter series and owed everything to that. Which was so untrue- I could have had the exact same idea and I would never have been able to write anything like Harry Potter. The idea of a boy finding out he was a wizard and going to a school of magic isn't what makes Harry Potter great. It's Jo's writing, the characters she created, the world she built, the themes and the imagination that went into everything. It's not just the story that makes it great, but the way it's told. The books transport you to a world which you never want to leave. People love these books so much that they describe the end of Harry Potter as the end of their childhood. I've loved these books for the past 12 years and they are a huge part of who I am. Jo helped make my life magical and I am very thankful to her for that.