#117: Bendix Restaurant Family Dining

I have a soft spot for diners, and this is one of my new favorites. We've mentioned similar restaurants before such as the Sunrise Cafe and The Kitchenette, and I'm making it my personal mission to spend my Saturday mornings ordering omelettes and french toast at these and other as-yet-undiscovered locations (suggestions are welcome!).

Located on Miami near the river, the restaurant is family-owned (as highlighted by the name) and serves a wide variety of breakfast/brunch items as well as lunch sandwiches and speciality items. One of the more unique features of Bendix is its Mexican menu which provides a welcome change of pace from traditional breakfast fare.  During my visit, I was impressed with the friendly, prompt service, inexpensive menu items, and bottomless cups of coffee on a lazy Saturday morning.

Location: 1529 Miami Street (go here for a map)

Hours: Unsure. They're definitely open for breakfast through mid-afternoon, but if anyone knows the specific hours, we'd love to hear from you!

For more information call 574-232-7688