#46: Animal Farm, The Musical

I read George Orwell's Animal Farm when I was in high school.  All I remind about it is its scathing critique of Russian communism through the use of barnyard animals.  So when I heard that IUSB was staging a performance of this book, I was intrigued. 

Indeed, it is not even a play, but a musical.  Famed British director Peter Hall crafted this "communist dream converted into a nightmare" for the stage in 1984.  (Don't worry, I wikipedia-ed this.)  But IUSB is taking this novella to the next level with a 40-person cast with creepy animal costumes, designed with Tim Burton in mind.

The blurb on the website reads, "See this literary classic come to life as the farm animals sing their way toward a new societal hierarchy."  Sure sounds like a suitable activity for a Halloween weekend.  It may even inspire a costume idea...

Where: Campus Auditorium, Northside Hall
When to go: 8 pm October 28-30; 2 pm October 31
Cost: $5-$9 (free for IUSB students)