Introduction- This Art Thing

Introduction

Welcome to my Green Nose Art blog. Here I share all things creative, all things unique, all things distinctly creative art related. I am a creative artist and specialize in a unique niche of drawings, paintings, pastels, unique handcrafted tote bags, picture frames and custom portraiture ...I can do it all.

What is Green Nose?

Green Nose captures the very essence of me. One of a kind, unique and "wow". My nose is GREEN. Period. It's a birthmark, smack-dab on my nose. Green like a crayon or leafy green vegetation, ink, paint...I've been asked since childhood is it any or all of the above. I used to have little old ladies lick their thumbs and attempt to wipe it off saying "Sweetheart, you have some ink on your nose!" After observing my growing agitation with perfect strangers attempting to use saliva to remove my permanent "stamp" and the distraction and disruption it began to cause in middle school, my loving parents and I decided to opt for a very good cover-creme makeup (thank you Dermablend) to calm the tide and allow me to make it through the day without getting stopped 500 times to explain.

I had the option to have the birthmark removed when I was a tween, but could not part with it. It's part of me. It's how people know me. It's how people remember me..."The Girl with the Green Nose". I still cover it with makeup as the distraction of my hair (now shoulder-length locs) and nose (green) is just too much for most to handle in one encounter. However, it's still a part of who I am and in honoring the uniqueness that my Green Nose adds to my life I have made it my brand name.
What about This Art Thing?

Follow my blog as I post commentary and photos of my artistic creations. Of course pieces will be available to add to your collection. Just contact me and let me know your interest. Please do not copy images from this site as they are covered by copyright.